What is API and what are its benefits
We all must have heard about API but there will be many of us who do not know what is API (What is API in Hindi) and what is the full form of API? We can also call this as Application Programming Interface. If you are interested in learning about computers or you like to do so, then you must also know about API. This is a software code that helps different software programs to communicate with each other.
As we get to know a lot about it from its name itself, Application Programming Interface ie the system to program the application, overall API is a system through which our application works. And we can use it.
So that’s why today I thought that I will give you detailed information about API, so that next time you do not have to face any other problem regarding API. So without delay, let us know what is this API and what are its benefits.
What is API
The full form of API is Application Programming Interface. Talking about API, API is an in-between system, that is, if we run an application in our phone or computer, then when the application connects to the Internet or comes in its connection, it sends data to a server.
The server receives that data, acts on it, does the work you want, and then sends that data back to your phone or to your computer. All this work is done through an API. That is, without API the work of any application is difficult.
What is the API
Let us understand it through a simple example. Suppose you have gone to a restaurant to eat food, then you will have a menu from which you can choose what you want to eat. In such a situation, suppose if you have ordered a pizza, a waiter will come, he will go to the kitchen and the person working in the kitchen will make the pizza, then that waiter will come to you again and give your pizza to you.
The waiter in this example is the API, which is working between us and the people of the kitchen. That is, the pizza is an application that we start and then the waiter is an API that takes our data to a server and then when the data we want is ready, it takes it for us. Comes back to our phone or computer.
In computer language, API is such a way by which they can provide a medium while developing their app by which it can be run easily and give good experience to the user. Simply put, it is a medium of communication between the many systems of software that run it.
A good API facilitates the communication of the application along with its speed of communication. That is, it works more quickly, for example you can see that some applications have good speed and some are not.
Is the API secure
As we all know that the API connects our application to the server and sends data to it, and brings it back to the phone by performing the necessary actions, then it comes to mind that ‘if our phone’s data is sent to a server. But is the API completely secure? So let me tell you about it too.
Actually, the API that is there, when we signal it, that is, the work we want to do with our application, then it will send the same information, like if we are uploading a photo on Facebook, then that upload information only. Will send so that Facebook will then be able to upload your photo, that is, all types of data related to the application are different in the API, it will go to your server and show the same data, related to which you want to act now, that any other data Won’t show the server at all.
APIs hold a lot of value today because it is part of many big companies such as Google, Ebay, Amazon, Wikipedia etc. Many companies also have money from this API, which we can also call API economy.
Types of APIs
API is not one type, it has many types, all types perform different tasks according to their own. The time to make all of them, their functionality, all things are different. Different companies work on their API according to their requirement. Today I will tell you about different types of API.
Friends, the Types of API i.e. the type does not depend on one thing, it differs on the basis of different method, we are telling you the types of API on the basis of procedure :-
1. Procedural :
To complete the specific work of the App, it goes to the Handler of the software ie the server that is handling it. It is mainly provided a common interface for the function to open a file from its working system, then we are able to do any work through that open file. Procedural APIs are handled entirely by RPC implementations.
2. Object Oriented :
This API is a way to do the hard work of the System objects and make them reach the server, the maximum load it can take. This API system is faster and more powerful than many other API systems. It also acts publicly like there are tons of sites and software hits that everyone uses, such as the low-end Search Engines.
3. Service Oriented :
This API is responsible for accessing the services and actions that we do through our application in the form of many protocols to the server, that is, it gives results to those activities that we do. This is usually in the merchant department ie Shopping, Discounts’ Apps and Sites. Like Amazon.
4. Resource Oriented :
From the name of this API, it is known that what is its name. As we know that resource means ‘resource’. It also works in the same way. When we run any software or application, then when that API collects our data, it takes it directly to the server.
This API is used by big companies who want to be completely secure. Expensive web hostings also use this API.
Popular Examples of API
Although many APIs are available on the Internet, but today I am going to tell you about some very popular APIs, about which many of you may not know. And if you already know about it, then this is a very good thing.
1. Google Maps API: GM API is made for Mobile and Desktop Browsers, using which programmers embed Google Maps in webpages.
2. YouTube APIs: With the help of Google’s Youtube API, YouTube videos and their other functionality are integrated into websites and applications. With which users can easily use Youtube in their device.
3. E-commerce API: As we know that there are many E-commerce websites in the present era and in this way API comes for different eCommerce applications such as Product Advertising API, Product Information API etc. With the help of these APIs, we can see and use the data of these websites with the help of their applications.
4. Payment Gateway API: By using these Payment Gateway APIs, merchant payments can be processed correctly. Due to which it is easy for an end user like us to complete the transaction.
5. Mob API: A programmer who develops apps for Android mobiles can use Android APIs to interact with hardware such as the front camera of an Android-based device.
6. Windows OS API: Microsoft DirectX’s collection of APIs is used to manage tasks related to multimedia such as gaming, graphic designing, etc. in Windows. This makes working very easy.
Uses of API: –
Now let us know how and where where API is used :-
1. Time Saving – With the help of API, we can automate the tasks to a great extent, so by using it, a lot of time is saved for the users as well as the business.
2. Efficiency – With the help of API, it provides easy interface while hiding all kinds of complexity, so using API greatly increases the efficiency of the product.
3. Increase of Reach – As I have mentioned above that API can be made for different requirements, that is why the reach of API is very high and anyone can easily merge API into their product and used May go. Therefore, they can be used easily in comparison to other available technology.
4. Automation – As we know that there is machine-to-machine interaction in API, so people do not need to interact with each other for information. Which makes the task easy and automated.
5. Partnership and Business – With the help of API, business becomes easy and partnership between companies increases. As the company grows, business information can be shared with the help of API and hence can be changed or customized according to the need of the business and business related information can be shared.
future of API
As we know that technology is changing slowly in this world, in such a way technology like API is also changing, so if API has to stay in this world for a long time then those who make it have to bring changes in it according to the need.
Due to which it will become even better and people will start using it more. Since the business is able to save their time and money to a great extent with API, I think that the future of API is very bright, but its creators will have to bring constant changes according to the time and need, otherwise the day is not far when someone New technology will grab its place.
what did you learn today
I sincerely hope that I have given you complete information about what is API and I hope you have understood about API (Application Programming Interface).
I request all of you readers that you also share this information in your neighborhood, relatives, your friends, so that there will be awareness among us and everyone will benefit a lot from it. I need your cooperation so that I can pass more new information to you guys.
It has always been my endeavor that I should always help my readers or readers from all sides, if you people have any doubt of any kind, then you can ask me without any hesitation. I will definitely try to solve those doubts. How did you like this article API, do tell us by writing a comment so that we too can learn and learn something from your thoughts.